Filed under: Guest Posts. Tagged as: advantages and disadvantages of solar panels, advantages of solar panels, disadvantages of solar panels.
Warning: file_get_contents(https://webservices.amazon.com/onca/xml?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJY2QOYGNZ4U33GHA&AssociateTag=thesolpowexp-20&IdType=ASIN&ItemId=B004EC5T7E&Operation=ItemLookup&ResponseGroup=ItemAttributes%2CImages%2COffers%2CReviews&Service=AWSECommerceService&Timestamp=2017-04-25T02%3A39%3A23Z&Version=2011-08-01&Signature=doU2wdPIlBHeQWfLSNNAvQyoFrxMVUSsyp4aVdfQy7c%3D): failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.1 400 Bad Request in /home4/sanjuan/public_html/thesolarpowerexpert.com/wp-content/plugins/amazon-product-in-a-post-plugin/inc/aws_signed_request.php on line 376
Renewable energy is the wave of the future. There is no other way around it. It offers us clean energy from non-perishable sources. We can access almost unlimited supplies of alternate forms of solar energies from almost any geological location on the planet – such as photovoltaics, wind power, and biomass. There are however a couple of drawbacks.
First and foremost the technology is just not there yet, leaving various energy forms inadequate or inefficient, and others not feasible on any real scale. Solar photovoltaic energy however is becoming more efficient by the day, and has multiple widespread uses from cars to homes and office buildings. There are however still some disadvantages as well.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Solar Energy
1. It is a very clean energy. Solar panels create no pollution.
2. Can have a wide variety of applications, from solar energy farms, to powering your car as you drive down the road.
3. It is not only clean, but very quiet energy. Solar cells make no noise when compared with fossil fuels.
4. Can be used by the individual, which in remote areas really reduces costs for hanging electric wire.
5. After high initial cost, solar panels will pay for themselves over time.
6. You will become less dependent on fossil fuels and the electric company.
1. Not as efficient as it could be, potentially causing blackouts, so currently must be paired with another energy source.
2. People don’t believe its sustainable and are not seeing complete value for dollar yet.
3. Weather can effect efficiency of solar cells.
4. Can only collect energy during the day, so only effective half of the time.
5. Pollution can also effect how effectively solar panels can work, and may add large inefficiencies in big cities.
Solar energy is a relatively simple technology and it is pretty easy to understand how solar panels work. As the technology grows you can bet that all implementations will have their own advantages and disadvantages of renewable energy. I look forward to a better future, and a cleaner tomorrow!